Sunday, 3 April 2016

A Brief Introduction

Attempt two at a personal blog. After 5.5 years of a fairly successful dog blog, I would like a blog that is more focused on the other parts of my life that just aren't about my dogs.  My first personal blog failed as I didn't have a plan. Now, I think I have a plan. I want to create more and consume less and take time to reflect on all the things I am learning.

The inspiration for the blog title came from a podcast Straight and Curly. They were discussing the values of having non-computer based hobbies. Which made me reflect on my hobbies.
Our unfinished laundry room

In no order my hobbies:
-blogging (reading and writing)
-walking my dogs
-yoga
-snowshoeing
-reading (primarily fiction)
-listening to podcasts
-baths - I love a long soak, in love light (especially in the winter)
-laundry

Yep, I am the type of person who loves to do laundry. Vacuum, I hate and pay someone to do, but laundry I adore.

Here is my plan for this blog:
I am aiming for 3 posts a week, focusing on positive/useful information, no complete bellyaching (whining is allowed if it is followed by a plan!).

Tuesday - To start will be looking at diet and exercise. I am week 3 of this elimination diet, which sort of sucks is a challenge.

Thursday - My least favourite day of the week (no good ever came from one), so I  will make it thankful Thursday. I will share something non-dog related that made me happy/I am grateful for. (Ok, it may occasionally be dog related)

Sunday - Things I learned and other life adventures

Let's see where this takes me . . . . . . if a personal blog fails again, I can always find some laundry to do. 

12 comments:

  1. I look forward to more. I think there is a chapter in "Saving Grace" in which I talk about my love of laundry that I think you would like if you haven't read. But vacuuming - yes, I'd pay good money to have someone else do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting.....er....I wonder how much it would cost to send my laundry over to you to do?
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOL MOL Leah send your laundry...that is funny. We think you have a plan and we'll be coming by to say hi too
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! Ma has tried her paw at a personal blog as well, before MY blog, and it was a complete bust! We are hoping you are successful...then maybe others will be inspired to try (again) as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good idea. waiting to see what you come up with. i have 3 blogs but the dog blog is static as is the snapping blog. i only do madsnapper most of the time. i despise every single part of housework including laundry. i do it all but i don't like it. my hobbies are reading my kindle every single day, blogging and playing with software on the computer. playing ball with jake..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari OM
    Good one Kristen! Could I make some observation? I Love the background, but your use of certain colour here means illegibility - if you make sure to do a preview before posting you will discover what works and what doesn't... adding in a 'join up' gadget would ensure return visits... I know I for one have a tendency to fall behind on blogs if they don't come up in my dashboard reader...

    I've had numerous hobbies and interests over the years, but seem to have settled down into reading, writing, photography, ship-spotting and travelling. The scope within those, of course, is wide!!!

    All the best with the 'laundry' gal! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to subscribe....please add "follow by email" to your sidebar.......thanks! DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new blog!! I do my second blog mostly for myself and to keep a record of my travels and photos (which are my two favorite hobbies, along with reading).

    Can't wait to see more!!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  9. You like the whole process? I really dislike putting things on hangers. Folding is OK with me. Right now I am fighting with a new washer that every now and again decides it does not want to spin. No rhyme or reason to it. Anyway, I wish you well on the new blog and will be stopping by!

    C

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great idea!!! I don't mind laundry at all, even the ironing is OK. Yes, I am one of those rare humans who actually irons:) Vacuuming is OK. It is the bathrooms I hate the most!!! Looking forward to your posts.
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish you lived closer so I could let you do my laundry. That is my least favorite thing to do.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Ma likes the laundry too! She's been doin' her own laundry since middle school, cause she said Gma ruined too many of her favorite pants by washin' them wrong, so Gma said, you don't like it, do it yourself! So she did, and has ever since. No more ruined clothes...almost. ☺ I see you gots the HE washer too! Ma likes everythings about it, butt it can't soak. that sucks. Ma likes soakin' sometimes! using a bucket isn't fun at all!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete