Thursday, 7 April 2016

Thankful Thursday - Flowers


I got out of the habit of having flowers when I was a cat owner. No matter where I put them, the cats would get them, chew them and then throw up. I was always worried someone would get poisoned and it took the joy out of having flowers.

While grocery shopping over Easter it occurred to me, we could have flowers again. I selected tulips because they symbolize spring (which I don't think ever is coming . . . .). The joy this purchase has brought is more than I expected. I am going to have to get into the habit of having fresh flowers more often.



5 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful tulip, is it a double one?
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got that right...flowers are an open invitation for mischief if you live with a cat. Our first cat loved to snack on Baby's Breath.
    That is a lovely shade of pink
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tulip!!! I wish I could have fresh flowers in the house more often, but hubby has bad allergies, and most of the blooms bother him:(

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous shade of pink! I love flowers (as you might have guessed :-)! I sure hope it warms up a bit for you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fresh flowers are so nice in the house! One time I cut some from outside, brought them in, and then saw there were ants on them. Sheesh!

    C

    ReplyDelete