Thursday, 14 April 2016

Thankful Thursday - My Tub

When we were house hunting 4 years ago, I thought I wanted a jacuzzi tub. I was a bit disappointed when the house we ended up loving had a claw foot tub. However, I started using the tub (which is made of plastic and not metal) and fell completely in love. I am sure if we had a jacuzzi tub I would have enjoyed it, but I no longer want to replace our tub.

I love the tub so much, that I admit I haven't used our shower (which is very lovely and huge) for probably 4 months. Rather than shower, I spend my evenings soaking in the tub. I am sure when summer comes, I will go back to using the shower, but as long as this winter continues, I am going my tub!




Add to make the bath even more perfect:)



Food Update:

I had a reaction to potato. My gut hurt and bloated right out over night after day 2. This  makes think I am likely going to react to all the nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes - which I reacted to as a child with hives, peppers, eggplant). I am trying not to feel devastated and look at the fact that I can eat potatoes but now I know how they make me feel.

On Saturday I get to try corn as food two. The other nightshades will be tried eventually. We haven't worked out the order past corn. I am very hopeful that I will get to keep corn because corn chips are one of the main foods I am missing!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely tub!!!

    Sorry about the potato episode, hope the corn trial goes better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep thinking I will take the time to relax and enjoy our jetted tub. But it hasn't happened in a few years. Good for you enjoying yours! Too bad about the potato. That is a basic food!

    C

    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is a fine looking tub made for soaking weary bones.
    OH no you cannot eat potatoes? How about rice?
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. THattub reminds me of my childhood days when I loved playing and soaking in the claw foot tub. We have one of those big jacuzzi tubs AND it is almost NEVER used, And what a bear it is to clean. No loss for you on that one.

    Hope the corn challenge goes better than the potatoes. No fun having a sore tummy.

    K

    Hope the

    ReplyDelete