Thursday, 28 April 2016

Thankful Thursday - Rice

Me on our balcony at the hotel
I really struggled with this post this week.  I am feeling a little out of sorts. I can't quite put my finger on why. I have had a lovely week. I got to work at home Tuesday and Wednesday. I have been feeling fine. Maybe it is because it is unseasonably cold (hovering around 0 C - which is freezing, when it should be around 10-12 C - in the 50sF).  Maybe it is the impatiently waiting for my nephew to arrive (he is due any day). I am sure it will past.

To help inspire me for today's post, I was going through the pictures on my computer. I have about 5.5 years of pictures. I came across pictures from our trip to Bali in 2011. I came across pictures of one of my favourite places we have ever stayed in, just outside Ubud. It was a small hotel backing onto a rice paddy. The hotel was beautiful, the service was amazing and we very much enjoyed our few days here. (It was much nicer than the resort we stayed the  first part of the trip).

Now that I am no longer able to eat white potato, rice has definitely become a staple in my diet. It is funny, it wasn't until my 20s that I even liked rice. Now it is a go to food.

Today I am thankful for rice and the people who grow it!



4 comments:

  1. Bali does look a beautiful place, so lush and green!
    And rice is such a versatile food, goes with and can be added to just about anything!
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place that is!!! Maybe a return visit would make you feel really good:)

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting! I never saw rice paddy before! We are currently on a bit of a rice binge but we grab the instant stuff cuz we are lazy.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy...Bali is definitely going on my bucket list! So very beautiful!! Hope your nephew arrives soon and you are feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete