|The dog shelf in our bedroom|
1. I will never be a real minimalist. I like stuff. I like to look around and see reminders of trips, or special people.
|Puppets from Jakarta|
3. I am being much more mindful of what I am consuming. I am working really hard to only purchase needs and to bring home things that somehow add value to my life.
4. I like my stuff, but I don't like clutter and I want everything to have a place.
5. By spending less of stuff, I will have more time and resources for what I really want to do, travel. (Although leaving the dogs gives me guilt because the other thing I want to do is to spend time with them).
6. I know I put too much sentimental value into items and keep things that don't bring me joy/useful. I am slowly working to let those things go.
7. I would rather have quality items over quantity items.
8. Many of the things I would like to let go aren't mine. When you share a home with someone, you must compromise on the stuff front.
|Items we collected and gifts from Asia|
What is your relationship to your "stuff"?