Saturday, 7 May 2016

Adventures: Ordering Shoes Online

For the past 15 years or so, I have lived in Merrell Jungle Moc. I love this shoe, it is a love affair! (I also have two other types of Merrells). I think I am on my 4th or 5th pair.

I am a little embarrassed to post this picture
as the shoes, sock and pants don't match. I will
say I was working at home and it is a miracle
that I wasn't wearing pjs!
The problem with shoes that you love and you wear every day is that eventually they wear out. My current pair, which is waiting to fall apart, has been on my foot almost everyday for 4 years. They have served me well, however, they need to be replaced.

I spent a lovely evening on https://www.merrell.ca. I had originally planned on ordering the same shoe that I have had forever, but I got shopping and looking at all the similar styles. I like a slip on shoe, I can't be bothered to tie it up (that is how lazy I can be). I was very excited when I found 2 similar styles that were water proof. This sounded perfect for dog walking, traveling etc.

After sending pictures of them to my sister and asking my husband his opinion I finally picked a Dewbrook Moc in burgundy. I assumed as it was so similar to my jungle moc, it would fit the same.

Wednesday I was excited when the shoes arrived. As the dogs pupped around the yard, I sat on the front porch and carefully opened the box and slid them on. Unfortunately, it wasn't a Cinderella moment. I immediately felt a pinch at the base of my big toe on my right foot. I took them on and off. I walked around the house (because I knew they needed to be unworn to be returned). In the end I decided, I had not found my shoe-charmings and they needed to go back. They are too expensive to have them just sit in the back of a closet.

Now I have to decide if I risk ordering a pair of the jungle mocs (my online shoe dating), or if I find time when I am in the city to go shopping for ones I can try on (more like speed dating).

6 comments:

  1. Do you get free shipping for returns? That can make all the difference.

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I had to pay for shipping, I could return the shoes for free, so that was helpful. It was easy to print out the shipping slip and I had the boxes!

      Delete
  2. Mom has a very long and very narrow foot - almost impossible to find shoes that fit properly. She won't order online unless she is 100% certain it will fit - returns are not high on her list:( Hope you find your shoe-charmings without too much trouble.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I can make some time this week to find them. I have been dreaming about shoes!

      Delete
  3. I hope you find your perfect fit!!

    ReplyDelete