Tuesday, 24 May 2016

Sugar and Spice and Something Not Nice

I realize I don't have any pictures for today, oh well, maybe next time. I was too busy being black fly food outside on the first truly beautiful weekend, which happened to be a long weekend! (I am literally covered in bites from head to feet. Short term discomfort to not expose myself to the chemicals in bug spray, worth it!)

I am now testing the big 4. Ok, I will test 3 of the big 4 now and one later in June when I am done traveling. I don't want to risk a gluten reaction while on the road!

First up sugar. Since I have been living mostly sugar free, I admit to not being in a huge hurry to test this one. We can all agree sugar is just not that good for you. However, being able to have things that have a little sugar is helpful, so I tried it. I passed sugar.

Next up was soy. I would have bet this would have been fine and I would have been wrong. After 2 days of soy milk, my gut hurt, I had hot flashes, it was rather unpleasant. Fortunately the worst of it only lasted a few hours (slightly miserable hours because I was awake at 6 with stomach pain). Soy is out but since it is in everything  I may accidentally get some small trace amounts,  and I hope I am ok with that. I will do my best to avoid it.

Today is day 67 . . . it is hard to believe that much time has passed.  I have lost 10 lbs and 2 inches.
I have lost the potato, tomato and soy challenges.
I can eat corn, peppers and sugar.
I still have to test: dairy, gluten, potatoes again, strawberries and oatmeal (I had removed it).

With my traveling (conference in Chicago next weekend, BAR two weeks after), it is going to be July before I am done.






6 comments:

  1. At least you are learning what is causing you misery! Feeling good will help you stay away from the stuff that makes you feel poorly. Looking forward to BAR!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soy is taking a long time to stop upsetting my system. I am hoping it will pass soon!

      Delete
  2. I'm with C, it's great learning what works and doesn't work for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the long run it will be, sometimes in the moment it sure doesn't feel that way!

      Delete
  3. Hang in there, you are doing very well. Some downs and some ups, but at least you are getting it done.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness I am stubborn and determined! LOL!

      Delete