Thursday, 14 July 2016

Thankful Thursday - Fans

The average July temperature in my part of the world would be 20 C (70 F) with the average max being 26 C (80 F). Because of this, it is generally fine to live without air conditioning. However, we are having an unusually hot summer (minus last weekend which was the coldest July day since the records began in 1953).

For some perspective on how unusually hot this summer has been we have already had 4 days over 33 C (91F) when usually we only have 3 over the entire summer and 1 by this time of year. We have also had 11 days over 31 C (88F) when normally we only have 8 during the entire summer and only 3 by now.

Because we don't have air conditioning, today I am thankful for the fans we have. They help keep the air moving and the one beside my bed keeps me feeling cool while I sleep.


6 comments:

  1. I did not think about you not having A/C! Wow, that is miserable!! These past few days we were able to sleep with open windows but during the daytime the A/C is needed. We hope you have some trees helping with shade! Stay cool!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately I am at work in a/c most of the day (so is Man) and our floor is all tile and laminate so it stays cool for the pups.

      Delete
  2. I can't even imagine it getting that hot with no A/C...If it gets about 72F here, I have all the fans on full force. Hope you get some cool weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am good until I hit about 80, that is when I get too hot!

      Delete
  3. Dad doesn't have air and always refused to let my brother and I put it in for him. In Washington less than an hour from the ocean it's not normally that hot, but he's had some hot spells when I have visited where it was just brutal. He is in congestive heart failure so he's always cold, but there have been visits I had to go to a hotel after he was asleep. I hope it cools down a bit for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to report is has cooled down for at least a day or two!

      Delete