Tuesday, 16 August 2016

Feeling Weak

The incident I had at work last Friday (I wrote about it here on Sunday) and the incident I had with the dogs on Sunday (on my dog blog Monday) have made me feel weak.

I have allowed myself to have the pity party about that (I think wallowing for a very short time is ok) but have decided I can't just feel sorry for myself forever, I need to take action.

From the internet
I am in the process of exploring personal trainer options. While this is an expensive choice, I think tho will be the best for several reasons.

First, it will keep me accountable as I will be paying for it.

Second, it allow a personal program to be created for me. One of my fears about strength training is hurting myself. I have scoliosis of the upper spin and my knee issues. I am very worried about doing things on line and hurting my already deformed spin. I am sure a trainer will help create a program that strengthens it and keeps it safe at the same time.

That is the plan.

I also plan to retest tomato. I am not sure I will get it back (I was allergic as a kid) but I want to try it, to be sure.




3 comments:

  1. Good Luck with both endeavors!! I'm trying to incorporate more upper body strength training in with my Yoga. Let me know how your experience with the personal trainer goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't be in the shape I am without my trainer - like you said - it holds me accountable, as I can't justify the money if I don't keep up with it. Plus, my trainer has had two knee injuries in her younger track days and understands my limitations with the partial missing meniscus. If my knee starts to be painful (not achy from working, but pain from "too much") during training - she has already prepared alternate exercises to replace that one. I never thought I'd be proud to wear a sleeveless shirt and my husband said I handle walking, lifting and starts with a LOT more confidence. I'm also sleeping much better. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't be in the shape I am without my trainer - like you said - it holds me accountable, as I can't justify the money if I don't keep up with it. Plus, my trainer has had two knee injuries in her younger track days and understands my limitations with the partial missing meniscus. If my knee starts to be painful (not achy from working, but pain from "too much") during training - she has already prepared alternate exercises to replace that one. I never thought I'd be proud to wear a sleeveless shirt and my husband said I handle walking, lifting and starts with a LOT more confidence. I'm also sleeping much better. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete