Thursday, 11 August 2016

Thankful Thursday - Living In The Country

While there are some scarifies to make living so far from the city and work, today I am thankful for living in the country. Not only do we live in the country, we live in the hills near a lake.

Things I love about the country:
-it is quiet (minus the fireworks of course!) - right now the only sound I can hear are birds and crickets
-it is dark at night, like really, truly dark
-the stars are amazing (not that I have seen a lot of them lately, I have been going to bed when it is still light, but I was out at 10 last night and I forgot how amazing they are!)
-we see wildlife daily
-it forces me to be outside more. I am not a naturally an outdoorsy type. As a kid, I was outside a lot more. There is just so much more to enjoy/do living out here that it is easier to be outside.

Today I am thankful for the opportunity to live somewhere that is truly relaxing and beautiful!






1 comment:

  1. Just getting away from noise and light refreshes the soul!

    C

    ReplyDelete