Sunday, 4 September 2016

New Years

I have always believed the new year should be this weekend. Maybe that is just a remnant of 28 years in the education system, where the new year starts in September. Maybe it is because my clients, their schedules and teams change the most this time of year. Maybe it is because it is more of a season change moving summer to autumn then in January. Maybe because the dead of a Canadian winter is just not the time to celebrate anything or make any plans other than hibernating!

However, as I sit here contemplating the new year, it occurs to me, it doesn't matter when it is. A new year is really nothing more than a change in date.  We use it to mark time and reflect on what we have accomplished or failed to accomplish and as a way to put off doing things we should do, but aren't completely motivated to do.

Instead of waiting for the new year, the new month or whatever is keeping us from our dreams or a better life, we should remember:


Happy New Day!

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your meme but you also convinced me we need to move the new year. You make a good argument!

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your meme but you also convinced me we need to move the new year. You make a good argument!

    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always thought of September as a time of renewal...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, I am really bad of putting stuff of until tomorrow/next week/the new year, but you have inspired me to start something new today!

    ReplyDelete