Thursday, 22 September 2016

Thankful Thursday - Figuring Out The Cause

Totally worth getting in trouble for
Last Wednesday, I ended up with an upset stomach. I assumed it was because of the deep fried plantains I had at work (yes F'in Alex yelled at me about that one) and didn't think much more about  it. I had other symptoms of my system being out of whack at the end of the week, but assumed it was because of stress/not enough sleep etc. Last week was rough!

Then same thing happened Saturday, when I hadn't had plantains. I took a minute and looked back at what I had eaten, and it occurred to me that on both Wednesday and Saturday about 4 hours before my stomach took a turn for the worse, I had hummus. I went to the fridge and low and behold  my hummus had soy and wheat. I had thought I had checked this brand of hummus before but had not. Because I don't imagine soy and wheat as ingredients in hummus didn't double check. Silly me, it is processed I should double check! 

Who knew there would be soy and wheat in this!
While I am a little annoyed with myself because my body is currently very angry at me (likely from the soy, and it was so little), I am thankful that I was able to figure it out. I know in a week or so it will pass. I will now remember to double check products. I am thankful that I know what upsets my system and can do my best to avoid it.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad my body is more forgiving than yours. That sounds rough to have to be so careful. But of course it is better than feeling crappy. HA! See what I did there?

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you get the Bush brand of beans in Canada but they recently introduced a hummus mix that comes in a non refrigerated pouch that you simply blend with a can of drained beans and it makes great hummus. The ingredients are simply tahini, garlic, lemon juice, a pinch of sugar, and olive oil It's really good. I spotted it in the canned veggie aisle and it was a hit with dinner and super cheap to make.

    ReplyDelete