Sunday, 23 October 2016

A Champaign Anniversary

Yesterday, the 22nd, marked 22 years since  Sam and I met. We met in the backseat of a car, a unique place to meet I think.

I was at home when a friend called to say she had met the perfect guy for me, and she wanted me to come on a double date with her then boyfriend. As my 19 year old self had nothing else to do, and thought it would be amusing to meet this 'perfect' person, I said why not.

My friend and her boyfriend picked me up at my apartment and we went to the University to pick up Sam. He was working at the residence cafeteria. As he got into the backseat beside me, he introduced himself, and that is how we met in the backseat of a car, 22 years ago.

It wasn't love at first sight. To be honest I was a little bored the first part of the date as my friend had gone off to talk to some people in the pool hall she knew, leaving me with two friends who had known each other since kindergarten. However, things changed and as the saying goes, the rest is history.

The couple who introduced us broke up shortly after and as life has moved on we are no longer in touch, but the impact they had on that day has really shaped our lives.




3 comments:

  1. Aww, sweet story! You two seem like a great match!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Meeting Anniversary - cool story!!!

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete