Sunday, 2 October 2016

Why I Am Doing 12 More Weeks Of Training


I am usually a very decisive person. I can quickly make decisions. I don't flipflop or ask for everyone's opinion. However, deciding what to do about strength training was probably one of the hardest decisions I have made in a very long time. I talked to everyone, weighed every possible decision.  In the end I decided to do more because:

-I am making progress (not just in the weight and body fat I shared, but in the strength)
-I don't know enough to run a program at home yet
-I don't think I am motivated enough to do a home program 
-I have not reached my strength goal
-I need to put my health first - that is my mantra this year 
-This will give me a really fair time to assess if this is something I want to do (4 weeks for such a huge habit change is not really fair)
-I live a life where I pretty much only do things I think I am very good at and love. It is probably good for me to do something that is hard and I kind of suck at.

The 12 weeks worked out to be the week before our 3 week trip to Asia over Christmas. I am not going to worry about what I am doing after the trip until December 1st. (My guess is a 14 days on a cruise ship, I will need a butt kick after!)
The other decision I had to make was to continue to train with F'in Alex. In the end I decided we have pretty much figured each other out, and I almost have him doing things the way I like/want. Our relationship is still evolving, but we are making progress. The thought of having to start over with someone new was not appealing. A conversation we had last week made me think this is probably the right decision.




Me: "They don't pay you enough to have to train me." (Because I know I am difficult. I would not want to train me).
FA: "No comment."
Me: "I know I am a complete pain in the ass."
FA: "Actually, you make me a better trainer."

I am sure we are going to have our ups and downs, but I think we are on the path to an understanding.  And if all else fails I can tell him to "f-off."

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I like the way you think! Interesting how you laid it all out! Did you notice every one of my sentences ended with an exclamation mark?!?!?

    "I am strong & I am fit. I work hard & I don't quit!"

    C

    ReplyDelete