Tuesday, 15 November 2016

The Breakthrough???

November 3rd was session 20 with F'in Alex (by the way I am trying to get the whole gym to call him that - it is my mission), and it may have been a breakthrough one.  I had gone into session 19 exhausted as I had barely slept after getting the call about my dad. It wasn't a great session as my body was off, but I did the best I could. I went into session 20 in a very different mindset. I was well rested and pissed off at the universe. I was just angry. This rage apparently was very good for me and I had an amazing session. I felt great after it (still sore but great). It was sort of like it all clicked in that moment of rage. 

This week, week 11 (sessions 21 and 22) were also pretty good. I did have a bit of a complication on Tuesday as I had an IUD inserted Monday (hopefully my menorrhagia will finally be controlled). I had some cramping during class and there were things I couldn't do, but it was still ok. Session 22 was fine.

The gym may now be a neutral place. I still don't like most of what I do (although I am working hard to not hate it and find a few things I don't mind) but it isn't as bad. It is part of my routine. Let's see if this continues. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow..Congrats! Neutral is 100% better than horrible!
    I don't think I'll ever "like" the gym, but during rainy season, it is the only way for me to stay in shape...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make myself do it and reward myself with a small brownie but ONLY if I do the workout. I hope the IUD helps. I had severe endometriosis back in the day and was miserable. I never thought I'd say this but I feel better after menopause then I ever did before.

    ReplyDelete