Thursday, 15 December 2016

It Is Not A Real Problem

This is what I keep saying to myself. I feel completely spoiled that the following is the biggest problem in my life - the cruise I am suppose to be going on, may not be happening.

For almost a year, we have been planning this dream trip. We are leaving in a few days. Monday it came to light that there may be a mechanical problem on the ship that may make it impossible to do the whole trip. It would mean over half the trip would become sea days rather than port days. This trip is costing way too much money to sit at sea. At this time the cruise line won't confirm if there will be changes, which means we can't know if there will be a refund.

For the past 48 hours I have been obsessed with this. I think my issue is the not knowing. I don't do well with not knowing or having a plan. So today we made a plan.

We are getting on that airplane next week. If we get there (or before we leave find out) and the cruise just isn't going to happen, we are just going to make our own trip. We plan on doing a little research on how this may work before we go, but are going to play it by ear.

This is challenging my control and planning nature, but this isn't a real problem. It is a life experience and an adventure!


1 comment:

  1. I gotta say that if it were me I'd be pretty upset about the whole thing. I'd be very disappointed. However, as we all know. things happen in life and there are MUCH worse things that happen all the time. So I think you are doing well to do an attitude adjustment and still have the adventure you wanted. Hopefully the cruise line will come clean so you can make a decision. Maybe they can offer the trip another time and make a quick diversion to an equally great trip!

    C

    ReplyDelete