Thursday, 12 January 2017

New Year - New Gym

From the cruise ship gym
Tuesday marked my first day at my new gym.  As I mentioned, while I was away, the gym I was going to closed. F'in Alex found out like the day it was closing. He walked to the gym across the road and got himself a job there and started the next day.

The gym I had been going to was a very nice gym. It was a cross fit gym, little equipment, lovely change rooms etc. I have moved to a "normal" gym - an Anytime Fitness (which is apparently the biggest chain in North America right now). There are all kinds of scary machines (please don't make me go on those) and inside of a locker room they have 3 bathrooms with showers that aren't as nice. I also think it is going to cost a bit more because I have to pay for the monthly membership on top of the training time - I am apparently getting my contract today. (Also street parking went up so it is going to cost me $4 instead of $3 to park while I am there - guru).

I think if I was looking for a gym (just saying that makes me laugh), this would probably not be the one I would pick (total princess reasons), however, I am going to this gym because the idea of breaking in a new trainer is terrifying. I almost have this one where I want him, teehee! As F'in Alex said during the tour, "it is different but it has everything we need". He is mostly right, I don't think I needed an elliptical (that thing is weird!).

I am sure I will adjust and now that I am almost over my jet lag (I am sleeping more than 5 hours and not thinking it is time to get up at 3:20 am), it will help.

On the plus side - I didn't gain a pound on my trip. The average cruiser puts on 1-2 pounds per day. I also didn't lose any noticeable strength.



2 comments:

  1. Good job, carry on you gym rat! For some reason I love your expression. I can't help but think there's something else behind it. And I'm wondering why you chose the quote above??

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. My trainer's fiance lost his job and they moved several hours away where he found new employment. I had a pretty good routine with her and am trying to continue on my own rather than break in a new trainer. There are days I kind of force myself to work out but I always feel so good afterwards. You did good on vacation - every time I go to Dad's I gain 2 pounds.

    ReplyDelete