Saturday, 21 January 2017

Resolutions?????

As mentioned in the fall, I tend to see September as the new year and not January. However, there is something about replacing the calendar and changing the year on things that makes you look at what you want to change in your life. I had some time to reflect on this during my vacation and have decided that instead of a resolution, I am going to have an "intention" or guiding principle.

Setting an annual intention for the year seems to be the trendy thing, there are so many blog posts and podcasts about it. The idea is instead of a specific goal you set a general one or two word phrase you are going to live by for the following year. While I didn't set one for 2016 it is clear my intention was "healthier". So I thought a lot about what I would like to focus on for the year or coming months and I picked the following intention:

Be intentional

At first glance it is funny my intention is to be intentional, but here is my reasoning. I live a pretty routined life. I say yes when I should not (general because I don't think about it). I feel like I live in auto-pilot a lot, so I want to be more intentional about my time and what I am doing.  We will see how it goes.

In the meantime, here is some intentional humour:


No comments:

Post a Comment