Thursday, 9 February 2017

Who Knew It Was A Thing???

I was working at home yesterday and texting my sister. She told me about this amazing thing - sweet potato toast. It is so simple, you simply cut the ends of the sweet potato and then cut it into 1/4 inch slices the long way and put it in the toaster. The internet suggests flipping it and toasting it at least twice (more depending on your toaster/thickness).

I thought this is something I can cook, so I gave it a try. I topped mine with homemade guacamole (that I actually made). I have to say, it turned out really nice. I am no cook, but this is something I can see having regularly. You can put anything on it. (I did do a quick internet search and saw lots of ideas).

Here is a picture of my sister's lunch the other day (used without her permission or knowledge, but I forgot to take a picture of mine and I am sure she will be cool with it):


She had sweet potato bruschetta, veggies and hummus.

If you try it or have tried it and have favourite toppings let me know!

------------------------------
A note about the gloves I ordered. They are Burton's. They have been shipped and should be here in a day or two and once I have tried them I will let you all know if they are worth the money!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that does look yummy! And easy to make too! We know someone who works for Burton.

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all love sweet potatoes - Mom is going to try some tonight:) She loves butter, REAL butter, so that is probably what she is going to smear on hers.

    Thanks for the name of the gloves - she is going to check them out.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty and Mom

    ReplyDelete