Thursday, 16 March 2017

One Food Out - One Back In

First I will start with a funny story. I was talking to a coworker about the gym and I said something about "Alex" - she had to stop and think who that was because she has only ever heard me call him F'in Alex.

Last week, on Tuesday I woke up with an upset stomach. Didn't think too much about it until the same thing happened Saturday morning. At that point I looked back at what I had eaten those days. Turns out, at the dinners before both I had Caesar salad. There must be something in the dressing that is upsetting my delicate system. I may try another type of Caesar dressing, but it may now be a forbidden food.

This week, for only the third time since I started training with F'in Alex (ok it could be the forth, I didn't specifically count it), I had pasta. Of course it is the gluten free pasta I ate pre-Alex as gluten remains a forbidden food. In general I get a spaghetti squash and use that instead but I forgot to get one at the grocery store. The last time I ate pasta, I had a headache the next day. I assumed it was because of that, as I rarely get headaches these days. This time, it was fine. While I don't plan on eating pasta often, it is nice to know my body can tolerate some. Maybe once every month or two I will indulge!


2 comments:

  1. YAY for the return of pasta! If you think about it food is nothing but a bunch of chemicals and chemicals are what makes our bodies function (or not). Makes sense!

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried making "zoodles" with the curly TOOL thing a ma jig and a zucchini . My husband actually LIKES that instead of pasta. I can eat small amounts of Einkorn wheat but it's really expensive so we do Zoodles a couple of times a month.

    ReplyDelete