Tuesday, 18 April 2017

High To Low But Killing It

On Thursday I had the pleasure (note the attempt to associate positive words with training) of ending my workout with high plank to low plank, aka kind of fake push ups. Sam was exempt from this torture opportunity because of his back. I believe he did some other plank, but I can't say because I was busy.  F'in Alex said I was doing 40 and he was there all day, so he had time. I said something like I had a hair appointment so we would just be getting this done.

Borrowed from the internet - what this looks like

This was a moment where being stubborn and determined was helpful. I knew I was going to do the 40 or get to a point where F'in Alex would take pity on me (realizing it was actually too hard and I was trying my best) and tell me to stop.

At one point we had a conversation that went like this:

FA: "How many is that?"
K10: "12"
FA: "You still have a long way to go."
K10: Pause and a look over at FA "F**k off Alex."
Laughter from F'in Alex and Sam. It has been a number of weeks since I have told F'in Alex off. I have been trying to swear at him less. I still swear, but not directly at him, but this time he totally deserved it!

The last ones were not pretty, but I completed my 40 high to low plank in a fairly reasonable time. It is not an exercise I love (cause there are only like 3 of those, but for another post), but it isn't blacklist material either. There is something about the body weight exercises that are more motivating for me. I want to see I can do them, even though I know how sore my abs are going to be after! (As I prep this post I am sure that at some point F'in Alex kicked me in the ribs!)




2 comments:

  1. Wow, bet you never even guessed you were as strong as you are!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete