Thursday, 27 April 2017

Progress

Thanks to my mom for this. 
I sent it to a friend, she wrote back, "I thought that was my wine bottle holder."


At the beginning of my session on Tuesday - I asked F'in Alex to measure my body fat. We hadn't done it since before Christmas (and we will do it again before I am done in 18 sessions).

I thought it would be helpful to summarize the changes to my body since January 2016.
From March to June 2016 I worked with a nutritionist to figure out my food/gut issues.
On August 30, 2016 I started to train with F'in Alex.


Date
Weight
Body Fat
Hips
Belly Button
Bra line
Jan 1, 2016
165 lbs

Unknown
41.5
41
unknown
June 20, 2016
After diet changes
154 lbs
Unknown
38.75
37.25
unknown
End of August 2016
Start with F’in Alex
154 lbs
33%
38
37.5
31
April 25, 2017
143 lbs
(seem to sit between 142-144)
27%
35
34.5
30.5
Total lost
About 22 lbs
6% fat
6.5 inches
6.5 inches
.5 inches


I think the results show that by changing my diet (fairly significantly really - I eat cleaner than most) and strength training 2 times per week (plus snowshoeing and yoga and soon to add the kayaking), I have made some pretty significant changes to my body.

F'in Alex harassed me for wanting my body fat measured because when we started I told him I wasn't interested in the numbers. I wasn't until he took the data and then the behaviour analyst in me needed to track the progress. I do love my data.

The weight, I don't really care about, but the body fat I do. I was shocked in August to have a body fat that for my height, age and gender was considered overweight and even obese on some scales, because I didn't think of myself as "fat". I am happy to now fall into the healthy body fat range. I don't care if it goes lower, 27% was always my goal. A girl likes to keep some of her curves after all:)


1 comment:

  1. There's plenty of proof and validation in those stats! Well done! All your hard work and cursing is really working well for you!!

    C

    ReplyDelete