Thursday, 6 July 2017

Coming To A New Beginning

Today marks 3 sessions left with F'in Alex. It means starting in a week and a half, I will be completely responsible for maintaining my own exercise program. I am excited and slightly terrified. 

I am excited for the reasons I have stated before, convenience mainly, and the money I will save. I am terrified that I won't maintain it. I look at the calendar and see some weeks I am traveling and won't have access to a gym and worry I will fall off the boat. So many people don't maintain behaviour change. Will I become a stat?

I am hoping I can use my skills as a behaviour analyst (I do help people change behaviour for a living after all) to create a plan I can follow. I am hoping the momentum I have gained and the reinforcing side effects of being healthier will help carry me forward.

I suppose if all else fails, I can go back to the gym . . . . maybe the threat of that will be enough to keep me on the path forward.

Besides, no offense to F'in Alex, but I like my home coach better:)




4 comments:

  1. I found that if I wrote down my exercise groups (cardio, upper body, lower body, floor) and put aside time at least 3 times a week to to all or them, or 4 times a week to do just one set (when time was short) I was able to maintain. I did fall off the wagon on a week or two, but overall, I'm holding my own and the money I'm saving is more fun to spend elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you maintain it. I had the same fear about running when we decided to stop racing but have stayed with it all these years. Besides, you need to impress us next month in Oregon - right??

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the bet you will maintain it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. K10
    I bet you will do fine you are in a routine now and if you are like us you body gets kinda cranky when you break the routine. I too like your new trainer best
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete