Tuesday, 11 July 2017

The Khakis

When the parcel with my birthday clothes arrived (thanks to my dear friend K for the gift card) I was excited and apprehensive.  I didn't even wait to carry the package to the bedroom. In the  kitchen I  slide out of my capris and slide into the khakis.

The not special khakis
Me: "What do you think?"
Sam: "They are fine. Nothing special."
Me: "They are very special. They are my first size 2."

311 days since my first training session I went from a size 8-10 to a size 2-4.

The dropping of the pant size has been mentally challenging for me for reasons I don't fully understand other than I hate change. It has had me very stressed and to be honest I have been a little obsessed with it. Sam often says 'enough about your pants'.

I am still in shock as I truly didn't think my waist could get smaller and was concerned it may be about to go the other way because to be honest I have been as strict on my eating. [Note: By not strict I mean I had some ice cream and skittles last weekend and have eaten rice and pasta more frequently].

I have decided enough is enough about being pants obsessed. I am just going to accept this is what it is. I can now fit into some size 2 pants. I also fit into small shirts (although as shirts are more forgiving can still pull off some medium and large ones depending on the style).

I could argue I am leaving the gym better dressed then when I started:)






2 comments:

  1. It is so easy to be obsessed and then fearful that the results won't be lasting. I have no idea how to combat that thought pattern cuz my own is so messed up lol! Congrats on your accomplishment and carry on!!

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. K10,
    Yay for YOU!! Bravo I know how hard you have worked. I think you have developed a work out routine that suits you and find just the right foods so a slip off with I SCREAM is ok! I truly believe you will stick with the way of eating especially since your tummy is feeling so much better now.
    Congrats!!! You worked hard for that size 2
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete