Wednesday, 9 August 2017

Back At It

Last week while visiting my parents with my sister and her children (aged 3 and 1), I didn't follow my healthy lifestyle the way I could have.  I didn't get any extra exercise (no workouts, no yoga), although with the exception of one day I got my daily steps. I also got to lift  30lb and 35lb children and sometimes carry them.

I also didn't eat as healthy/well as I could have. There may have been a lot of Swedish Berries, Fuzzy Peaches, Ice Cream, Bugles, and Corn Nuts consumed and not the usual volume of vegetables. This left my gut a bit wrecked and me feeling very bloated. Slowly it is returning to normal, but it is still not at 100%

I am not going to regret my decisions while I was away, or beat myself up over them. There is no point of being self-defeating. Many people would use that bad week as an excuse to quit. I will not. I can't go back. That was last week. This is this week. Since coming home on Thursday I have done two strength workouts (man those were hard but I did it) and one yoga. Also, I am back to eating what I usual eat. 

I am sure in a few more days my body will forgive me and I will be back to my new normal. 

4 comments:

  1. An important part of the journey is to be able to fail and still pick up and move on. If you can do that then it isn't really a failure, just a blip.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a week where my husband was gone where I ate a lot of processed foods and chips. Surprisingly, I didn't gain any weight, as I continued walks and lots of water. I got back on the wagon when he returned. Sometimes you just have to enjoy time with family for a few days, then get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I'm on vacation, I always let myself have and do whatever I want. I was on vacation and got back on track on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My word K10 I would venture to bet your Trainer would not be able to keep up with the children and would probably need extra nourishment too.
    That was wonder woman weight lifting you did
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete