Tuesday, 12 September 2017

Foam Glow

In March my BFF asked me to join her and others in a 5k race, the Foam Glow. At the time she hoped to use it as motivation to start moving more.

Fast forward 6 months and she no longer really wanted to do it and had done nothing to prepare. But we spent $40 on it, we were doing it! We walked (very slowly) 5k in the dark, at the race track and into the woods. 2 times (because a machine was broken) we walked through foam that made us glow. The race ended in a party that shot glow in the dark foam.

Me and the team

Dancing in the foam


Foam flying from the sky

My BFF getting foamed - the glow part doesn't show in pictures

While I am trying to get past the chemicals we dumped on ourselves and into the environment (being aware can take all the fun out of things!), it was a fun (in a getting to hang out with people and walk and chat and trip in dark holes and walk into people because the light blinded you kind of way). It was a bit cold (I think it was around 10 C/50F) and you could see your breath. It was a unique experience that had me out of the house until 11!  Not sure I would do it again, but I would do a 5k walk again. 

3 comments:

  1. Well it surely was a glowing event. K10. There is some crazy run they do here in the spring, I forget the name. At the end some kind of dry color powder is tossed on the runners who are hot and sweaty and of course the powder sticks to them and what a mess it makes.
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it. Wow, so cold!!

    Fleur

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun 5k!! Austin has a bunch of wacky 5k's I that I really miss walking in.

    ReplyDelete