- My legs look awesome. Apparently I looked more toned as several people commented how I was looking extra fantastic!
- The last of my flabby underarms are toned
- I had a moment where I actually meditated!
- I do feel meditating helps me stay calmer and clearer. January has been a stressful month and I have hardly freaked out at all!
- I have embraced being bad at meditation! It isn't stressing me out!
- I am proud of myself for having completed it.
- My back never got really sore (it feels good!)
- My body hurt, especially my hips and legs. Last Saturday my legs were so sore I could barely walk when I first got up and it took a long time to get to a place of less pain.
- Because my body was so sore I actually listened to it (which may be a pro) and skipped a couple strength sessions. It was impossible for me to do both at this time.
- When I started meditating I felt very unfocused the first few weeks. I felt like my mind was on speed. It took some time to feel clearer and more focused.
- The exercising 7 days a week forced me to have to get up really early some days and added a good 45 minutes to my morning routine (so I need 2.5 hours in the morning before leaving for work). It also took away from some of my reading blog time etc.
The plan going forward:
As 30 days of yoga, at least 5 days of over 10 000 steps, and 2 days of strength training is too much for me, I am going to reduce my exercise to the following:
- 2 strength sessions per week (45 minutes each)
- At least 3 yoga sessions (they must be at least 15 minutes in length)
- I will continue to meditate daily.
The winter blahs continue to haunt and I know work is going to be crazy busy the next few months (thanks to new government funding I will be spending all my time writing and reviewing huge reports), I am going to practice gratitude for February.
Every day I will write down 3 things I am grateful for. They need to be different every day. Nothing will be too big or too small. I am confident I can come up with 84 things I can truly appreciate.
Once a week I will post a list of what I was grateful for.
Here is the first one for today - I am grateful for this piece of art work. I drive by it on the way to work most days. Missing is the 3rd pigeon who is to the left looking at the can (this picture was taken when Sam was driving). It always makes me smile!