Well, I have now completed 7 days of my March challenge, to spend one hour per day outside. I have to say, this has been the hardest challenge for me so far. While, the yoga challenge was physically harder, I am finding it surprisingly difficult to be outside for an hour. I have done it every day though! I find it easy to get 45-50 minutes as I walk my dogs, but those last 10-15 minutes are the hard one!
I think there are several reasons this is hard for me:
1) The weather has been colder than it was the end of February
2) Because there is still so much snow, when I take the dogs out, my world is small. I can't just wander the yard (we have enough to wander). It isn't as much fun just to be standing in the yard.
3) I am not naturally an outdoor person as an adult.
4) I have chosen a life that is too car dependent. The day I was outside the most was last Friday, when I went out with one of my community groups at night and had to take the bus. Walking to and from the bus stop and waiting for the bus gave me about 45 additional minutes of outdoor time.
5) We have also had the 7th cloudiest year on record. It is less motivating to be outside in the gloom.
I am hoping the weather will start to improve (although the forecast for the next 14 days looks like the temperatures will just be around freezing) and that will motivate me.